Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
These have always been a hit at our potlucks. Super easy to make and take.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Little Smokies sausages
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 cup grape jelly
- Using a medium sized sauce pan, put catsup and jelly in sauce pan;cook and stir till jelly melts.
- Add sausages and bring to a bubbly boil.
- Turn down low and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Serve hot or cold with toothpicks or appetizer picks.
I really wanted to like this, and with all the rave reviews I really thought we would. But none of us cared for it. It was like eating hot dogs in watered down catsup. My hubby tried adding BBQ sauce to his portion and another tried hot sauce, but still a no-go for us.
I made this for our game day get together and it was a hit. Only one of the kids didn't care for it, so I figure thats a good average. I enjoyed it more then the usual BBQ sauce with them. Thank you for giving me options when making little wienies.
Thanks for posting Darlene. This appetizer gets props for being super easy and making the house smell nice. It is tasty. I never knew jelly and catsup combined could be edible, let alone pretty good, especially heated. Made for Zaar 2010 Cookbook Tag. Enjoy! ChefDLH