Recipe by Sean and Janel
With the Adkins diet craze I was asked to come up with a few appetizers for family. I adapted this recipe to work without the brown sugar usually called for. Rave reviews from family.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap li'l smokies with 1/3 slice bacon per sausage.
- Sprinkle Splenda on top (you may not need this much, just enough to cover each sausage).
- Let sit for about 10 minutes at room temperature, to allow Splenda to break down a little.
- This is VERY important do not use a glass baking dish!
- Use metal 9x13-inch cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- After Splenda breaks down a bit, cook for 15-20 minutes until bacon is just crisp.
- You can keep warm in a crock pot or electric roaster big enough to allow sausages to be in one layer.