Recipe by Lil' Mrs. G
Another quick and easy meal for the family.. I found this recipe some where and made minor adjustments..
Top Review by Jacqueline in KY
I made this and I used Spicy Doritos, very glad I did because without them it would have been very bland. I found the Doritos inside the dish were mushy. I also think there must be a mistake in the recipe because I bought an 11.5 oz bag of chips, which was the only size they had here, other than personal size and only used about 1/2 the bag and had way too many in the recipe. I will not make this again. Made for PAC Spring 2012
- 2 -3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 12 ounces large bag Doritos
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (medium -hot)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bag sharp cheddar cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken, soups, Rotel tomatoes, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper; stir to mix ingredients.
- Mix in cheddar cheese and HALF of the sharp cheese; crumble HALF of the Doritos and mix crumbs into mixture.
- Pour mixture into baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle remainder of sharp cheese on top and take remaining Doritos and place on top of cheese.
- Place back in oven about 5 minutes.
- Make sure to watch as oven tempatures vary and you don't want to scorch your chips; bake until cheese slightly melts.
- Notes: If you like more cheese or adding spices, this recipe can take it. If you like "hot" food, get your Rotel to fit your taste. I have also used the mexican blend cheese.