Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Loaded with flavor, down with calories.
- 3 cups basil leaves, tightly packed fresh (2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons walnut pieces
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- coarse salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In food processor, combine basil, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper. Puree until paste forms.
- With motor running, add oil in a thin stream. Process until very smooth, about 1 minute.