1/1 Photo of Light Whole Wheat Pasta With Creamy White Cheese Sauce
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
This is the perfect dinner for one! Not to mention ultra easy and healthy, LUMP-FREE, as well as easily doubled for more! Paired with some garlic toast or a salad, you will have a very wonderful dinner! This sauce is flexible in the additives your add, and also works great with stuffed pasta, though my personal favorite is making this with sharp cheddar, and just pouring this over macaroni! My favorite cheese otherwise in this is freshly grated parmesan. Yumm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2-2/3 cup whole wheat pasta
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons grated low-fat cheese
- 1Boil water then add noddles in, cooking until desired softness.
- 2In the meantime, pour all the sauce ingredients into a sauce pan, heating at medium heat.
- 3Mix until all ingredients are incorporated before allowing to simmer and thicken, stirring often until at desired thickness and cheese is melted and incorporated. Add more milk to simmer if you wish a thinner sauce. Add more cheese to taste if you prefer.
- 4Drain pasta and pour sauce over pasta. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Whole Wheat Pasta With Creamy White Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 140.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 14.4 g