Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the perfect dinner for one! Not to mention ultra easy and healthy, LUMP-FREE, as well as easily doubled for more! Paired with some garlic toast or a salad, you will have a very wonderful dinner! This sauce is flexible in the additives your add, and also works great with stuffed pasta, though my personal favorite is making this with sharp cheddar, and just pouring this over macaroni! My favorite cheese otherwise in this is freshly grated parmesan. Yumm!
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup whole wheat pasta
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons grated low-fat cheese
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Boil water then add noddles in, cooking until desired softness.
- In the meantime, pour all the sauce ingredients into a sauce pan, heating at medium heat.
- Mix until all ingredients are incorporated before allowing to simmer and thicken, stirring often until at desired thickness and cheese is melted and incorporated. Add more milk to simmer if you wish a thinner sauce. Add more cheese to taste if you prefer.
- Drain pasta and pour sauce over pasta. Enjoy!
Excellent for a quick after work meal that the whole family liked.