Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This tart crust remains buttery and nicely sweet despite the cutback on butter and sugar. I love to use it with my Light Pecan Pie recipe! Both are healthier versions of the insidious classic dessert!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 pinch kosher salt (1/8 tsp.)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Combine flour, salt, and sugar.
- Using a fork, cut in the butter until it resembles coarse meal and then add beaten egg until all combines together.
- Flatten into disk and chill for around an hour.
- Roll out and flatten into greased 9 1/2" cake pan lined with parchment paper on the bottom. (*I don't have a tart pan so you can try a tart pan if you like).
- Gently poke holes on bottom with a fork, line inside with foil, and fill with baking weights (beans, rice, whatever works).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes w/ foil.
- Remove foil and then bake for 8 more minutes.