Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Reduced fat and sodium recipe inspired by Vegetables Oriental Style (asparagus, Broccoli, or Cauliflower) by littleturtle, for the Zaar World Tour II Asian Vegetarian Challenge
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots. (Cut)
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms, fresh
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- Brown almonds over dry high heat, shaking pan constantly until browned.
- Remove almonds and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to frying pan.
- Cover, and steam over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Top with almonds and serve.
This is a wonderfully healthy meal. I used BRAGGs Liquid Aminos instead of Soy Sauce to reduce sodium, and I added some leftover bok choy, and garlic. Made for ZWT6 - Looney Spoon Phoodies!
This made a nice dinner tonight along with Shaker Potatoes. I liked the addition of mushrooms and celery. I used asparagus stir fry mix. I did add more soy sauce and ended up using some teriyaki sauce too. thanks!