Recipe by Brenda.
A Reduced fat and sodium recipe inspired by Vegetables Oriental Style (asparagus, Broccoli, or Cauliflower) by littleturtle, for the Zaar World Tour II Asian Vegetarian Challenge
Top Review by Enjolinfam
This is a wonderfully healthy meal. I used BRAGGs Liquid Aminos instead of Soy Sauce to reduce sodium, and I added some leftover bok choy, and garlic. Made for ZWT6 - Looney Spoon Phoodies!
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots. (Cut)
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms, fresh
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown almonds over dry high heat, shaking pan constantly until browned.
- Remove almonds and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to frying pan.
- Cover, and steam over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Top with almonds and serve.