1 hr 10 mins
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
This is a light, healthy, but flavorful version of everyone's favorite! This is to be made the day before, so the flavors have a chance to be brought out. Enjoy! I know we did. Prep time doesn't include overnight refrigeration or preparing the sweet potatoes for mashing.
My Private Note
side se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml mashed sweet potatoes or 946.36 ml mashed yams
- 66.55-73.94 ml light brown sugar
- 78.07 ml evaporated skim milk (you may have to use more or less to reach desired consistency)
- 29.58 ml margarine, at room temperature
- 39.43 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2.46 ml freshly grated orange rind
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.25 ml ground allspice
- 0.25 ml ground cloves
- 591.47-709.77 ml miniature marshmallows
- 1Bake, peel, and mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher. To get four cups, its about 3 1/2-4 pounds of sweet potato.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together the potatoes (cooled until just warm), sugar, milk, margarine, orange juice, vanilla, salt, orange zest, and spices and beat until completely smooth. Add more or less evaporated milk until desired consistency has been reached.
- 3Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish and refrigerate overnight.
- 4The next day, bring sweet potato dish to room temperature, and bake (covered with a clear lid) for 35 to 45 minutes.
- 5In the last 5 minute of baking, spread an even layer of marshmallows over top of the casserole.
- 6WATCH CAREFULLY! Broil (uncovered) until the marshmallows are just turning a darker brown and they are starting to puff.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Orange Sweet Potato (Yam) Marshmallow Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 451.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g