Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Be a smart cookie and make some dough - this dough! These lemony baked treats are a fitting final touch to any meal. This is Phase 3. This came from The South Beach Diet Cookbook. I have not tried this recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup tran-free margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar substitute, 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, lemon peel, and baking powder. Add the margarine and pulse on and off until coarse crumbs form. Add the egg and lemon juice and process just until a dough forms.
- Form the dough into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour, or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Shape the dough into 1" balls and place them 1" apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and dust them with the tablespoon confectioners' sugar. Cool on a rack.