1/2 Photos of Light and Hearty Cajun Chicken Pasta
This is a quick, easy and delicious one-pot meal which is low in fat but high in taste. This makes a large serving when divided by four and could be enough for six, depending on the appetites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine or 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 lb chicken breast, strips
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1Cook the pasta in a large amount of boiling water until al dente; drain and set aside.
- 2Sprinkle the chicken with 2 t of the Cajun seasoning and mix until coated evenly.
- 3Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- 4Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook for 2 minutes without stirring.
- 5When the chicken is lightly browned on one side, stir it to cook the other side (leaving it to cook without stirring helps to keep it from sticking).
- 6Cook for about 5 more minutes, or until no longer pink inside.
- 7Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- 8Spray the pan again with the nonstick cooking spray and add the olive oil.
- 9Over medium-high heat, add the peppers, mushrooms and 2 of the green onions.
- 10Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 11Stir in the lemon pepper, basil, garlic powder, remaining teaspoon of Cajun seasoning and the salt.
- 12Then add the half-and-half, bring to a boil and add the chicken.
- 13Stir until coated and warm.
- 14Add the pasta and toss to coat.
- 15Garnish with remaining green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light and Hearty Cajun Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.6 mg
- Sodium 461.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: