Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes, drained
- Mix beans, chili powder, and cumin and spread onto bottom of platter.
- Top bean mixture with sour cream.
- Top sour cream with cheese and tomatoes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I made this yesterday for a football game and it was a major hit. I did make a couple alterations - instead of the chili powder/cumin - I used taco seasoning. I also ended up mixing it instead of layering it because it was too hard to dip otherwise. EVERYONE loved it - my kids have begged me to make it at home and my nephews begged me to leave the leftovers (which wasn't many) there so they could eat it.
Very easy and yummy dip! I served it with Tostitos scoops and it practically flew off the platter. Made for Fall 2011 Pick A Chef.
This was a big hit at a barbecue last night. I added about a third of a cup of very hot salsa to the beans and used fresh tomatoes instead of Ro-Tel. It was gobbled down in spite of the fact that there was lots of other food to choose from. Many thanks!