Recipe by Leona
I came up with this recipe because I like the slight bitterness of the sauerkraut instead of the traditional sweet. Give it a try--you want be sorry! My hubby begs for it--lol.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 3⁄4-1 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sauerkraut
- 5 -6 small red potatoes
- 1 lb kielbasa
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry kielbasa in pan approximately 5 minutes (turning occasionally); set aside.
- Strain sauerkraut (do not rinse) and let sit.
- Wash and cut potatoes in half.
- Boil potatoes approximately 8 minutes.
- Put stick of butter in frying pan (I use the one that I fried the kielbasa in -- less mess and absorbs the flavor).
- Put sauerkraut on top of butter (level it).
- Cook sauerkraut until lightly brown (flipping occasional as not to burn).
- You can either use a crock pot at this point or a large pot on the stove.
- Combine all ingredients listed above into pot and mix well.
- Add 1/2 stick butter to top.
- Cover for approximately 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.