1/2 Photos of Lemony Broccoli
If you have never turned your microwave into a steamer, this is a great recipe to try! It's easy, healthy, and the touch of lemon in this is lovely. Making it in the serving dish saves you the cleanup of stovetop steaming methods. This recipe is written for beginner cooks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut broccoli into your choice of shapes. You can cut the head(s) longwise for spears, or chop off the stems and separate for florets, or chop the whole head(s). Whatever floats your boat. :).
- 2For 4 servings, place in a microwave safe serving dish in the 1 quart range. It will cook down during the steaming process, so make sure that it mounds up nicely in the dish before steaming.
- 3Put everything else on top of the broccoli.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap (I am preferential to Press and Seal, but that is because I can't get the regular stuff to work). The idea is to completely seal this up (better than even a lid could do).
- 5Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Take out with hotpads (cuz the dish will be HOT *grins*), and carefully remove the plastic wrap. Open AWAY from you, because steam burns.
- 6Stir to combine and serve! :).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 236.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 12.2 g