Recipe by Charlotte J
Try this asparagus with lemon thyme and lemon basil on the grill.
Top Review by Tea Jenny
This is a very nice way to do asparagus, when you put it on the grill the little packets of foil puff right up. I really enjoyed this I love lemon and I love asparagus what a great combination. Thank you for posting. Made for the diabetic forum July 2011.
- 1 lb asparagus, ends snipped
- 2 teaspoons lemon thyme
- 2 teaspoons lemon basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- heavy-duty aluminum foil
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 2 sheets of foil with cooking spray.
- Add half the asparagus to each sheet.
- Blend herbs and divide between asparagus packets.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to each packet.
- Fold foil over, lengthwise, pressing both sides together and fold over.
- Fold and seal each end.
- Repeat with second packet.
- Grill over indirect heat for 5 to 7 minutes, turning once.
- The steam will be hot!