From our local/state paper and one of my favourite food columnist Marg Johnson. Have not included marinating time or 10 minutes.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (grated)
- 2 sticks lemongrass (white part only very finely chopped)
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped green and white)
- 3 chilies (red chopped or enough to give a good bite)
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (or brown)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lime (cut into wedges to serve)
- coriander (cilantro leaves to serve)
- Trim any excess fat from the thigh section and cut through the thick parts to allow the marinade to pentrate more.
- Combine ingredients down to and including the vegetable oil and add the chicken and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Then over high heat, barbecue the chicken, turning once and basting with any remaining marinade during that time.
- Serve with crisp salad leaves, a sambal, the lime wedges and garnish with the coriander leaves and steamed rice is also good.