Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe appeared in a local newspaper. My family likes anything lemon. This is great for the summer because it is simple and refreshing.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 6 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Prepare cake mix in 13 X 9" pan according to package directions. Let cool slightly.
- Poke holes in cake at 1" intervals with a wooden spoon.
- Mix lemonade and sugar. Microwave briefly to dissolve sugar. Drizzle lemonade over cake.
- Refrigerate until cold. Spread Cool Whip over cake and refrigerate until serving.
this recipe is also on the back of a lemon cake mix box...betty crocker maybe. It's a great cake, one my family loves. My family is also big on anything lemon