1/4 Photos of Lemon Shortbread
Melt in your mouth, tangy lemon taste. Hard to resist!! Freezes well I've never made these with the poppy seeds, only with the lemon rind, we love it, nice tangy taste and melt in your mouth. They have become a traditional Christmas item paired with the traditional shortbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, corn starch, icing sugar and lemon rind in a large bowl.
- 2With large spoon, blend in butter.
- 3Work with hands until a soft, smooth dough forms.
- 4roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 5Cut in shapes with cookie cutters.
- 6Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 7Sprinkle with coloured sugars if desired.
- 8Bake at 300 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 9Remove from sheet, cool completely.
- 10Variation: Lemon Almond- Add 3/4 cup finely chopped unblanched almonds to dough or Lemon poppyseed- Add 1 tablespoon poppy seeds to dough.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.9
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 27.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 0.4 g