Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a recipe from a Chatalaine Magazine that I had.I havent made this one yet but will make it for Eastertime. These can be rolled in icing sugar or granulated sugar. Time does not include refrigeration time.
- 1 lemon
- 12 ounces of finely chopped white chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup of sliced hazelnuts
- 1⁄3 cup of toasted coconut
- Finely grate the peel from lemon.
- Place chocolate in a large bowl. Pour cream into a pot and heat over a medium high heat and add the lemon peel.
- Bring to a boil and pour over chocolate.
- Stir immediately until smooth .
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, overnight if possible.
- Line a tray with parchment paper and take about 1 tbsp of cooled mixture and roll into a ball. Place on tray and when all the mixture has been made into balls put back into the frige for 15 minutes.
- Place the coconut and nuts into 2 separate small bowls and roll truffles into either mixture one at a time, pressing gently to cover.
- Place in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
O...M...G... These were amazing. I followed recipe,but I excluded the hazelnuts. I made these for a work function and had to make them twice becuase the first batch didn't make it out of the house :) Will definitely be making these again and again.
This was so yummy! I used macadamia nuts instead of hazelnuts. These are very easy to make and really don't take much time.
ZWT4: Made as directed - incredible!! These melt in your mouth!!