Recipe by animal lover
Top Review by EmmyDuckie
These are so good! Rich, eggy, but still fluffy and airy. I mixed my batter in a blender, because I saw it on TV once, and it really does make the whole mixing and pouring process easier. Served them with honey butter, and a nice cup of tea, very nice special breakfast. I may have to buy a popover pan just to keep making this recipe!
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- melted butter, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Heat a 6-cup muffin tin, greased well with the melted butter, in the oven for 5 minutes while you mix the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and zest. When smooth, whisk in flour and salt.
- Remove heated muffin tin from oven and quickly divide the batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes at 450F, then use a sharp knife to poke a small hole in the top of each popover to release steam and prevent them from deflating and reduce oven heat to 375°F Bake for an additional 15 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.