Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
At about $0.73 a serving, you'll stay within your grocery budget for sure with these citrusy herbed chicken thighs. Rice and steamed fresh broccoli are equally economical sides that are great with the tender dark meat chicken.
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs or 2 lbs bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Rinse chicken thighs; pat dry. Arrange thighs, skin side down, on a broiler pan. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary and garlic. Brush 1/3 of mixture over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn chicken thigh skin side up. Brush 1/3 of lemon-juice mixture over skin and sprinkle with salt andpepper. Broil until thighs are browned, about 7 minutes.
- Turn off broiler and set oven to 450°F Brush final 1/3 of lemon-juice mixture over chicken (discard any leftover lemon-juice mixture) and return pan to oven. Bake until juices run clear when pricked with a fork and meat is no longer pink at the bone, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.