Recipe by TheKatsiki
Originally from Bon Appetit Dec. 2000. Great for a party or buffet - easy to serve. I cut the chicken up into bite sized pieces so that people could simply pull the chicken off with a fork and didn't need to cut it. I served the chicken skewers on a platter with the marinade simply drizzled all over. (Would also recommend making w/out skewers and simply marinating chicken.)
- 8 (7 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves (each 7ox.)
- 48 bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes, drained (8 inch length)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 6 bay leaves, broken into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chicken breast half lengthwise into 6 thin strips. Thread ech strip completely onto 1 Skewer, leaving 1/2" of skewer exposed at one end. Press 1 grape tomato onto end of skewer. Divide Skewers betweeen two 15x10x2 inch glass baking dishes, stacking skewers if necessary.
- Pour oil into bowl. Whisk in next 6 ingredients. Pour marinade over chicken. Marinate 1 hour at room temperature, turning often, or cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove skewers from marinade and arrange on 2 large rimmed baking sheets; RESERVE MARINADE. Bake chicken until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer to serving platter.
- Transfer reserved marinade to a medium saucepan. Boil over medium-high heat 1 minute. Cool marinade 15 minutes. Strain. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into medium bowl; whisk in mayonnaise. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon remaining marinade over chicken to moisten. Serve chicken with sauce.