The lemon with the richness of the cheese is mouth watering good. You can add 1 1/2 cup of peas if desired instead of asparagus. Using fresh pasta makes this an almost instant dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 ounces fettuccine (fresh)
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1Melt butter over medium heat and cook garlic and shallot for 3 min or until softened.
- 2Add ricotta cheese and cream and stir until combined.
- 3Add lemon zest, juice and pepper and cook stirring until hot about 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile in large pot of boiling water add salt and pasta and cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Add asparagus and cook for two more minutes or until pasta is al dente and asparagus is tender crisp.
- 6Drain, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and return pasta to pot.
- 7Add cheese mixture and toss to coat.
- 8Add some of the pasta water to moisten if needed.
- 9Add chives and toss to combine.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Ricotta Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.4
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.4 mg
- Sodium 1840.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 17.1 g