Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The lemon with the richness of the cheese is mouth watering good. You can add 1 1/2 cup of peas if desired instead of asparagus. Using fresh pasta makes this an almost instant dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 ounces fettuccine (fresh)
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- Melt butter over medium heat and cook garlic and shallot for 3 min or until softened.
- Add ricotta cheese and cream and stir until combined.
- Add lemon zest, juice and pepper and cook stirring until hot about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in large pot of boiling water add salt and pasta and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook for two more minutes or until pasta is al dente and asparagus is tender crisp.
- Drain, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and return pasta to pot.
- Add cheese mixture and toss to coat.
- Add some of the pasta water to moisten if needed.
- Add chives and toss to combine.
I thought this was just okay. Definately easy and quick but a little bland. I probably won't be making it again but if I were to I would add quite a bit of parmesean cheese at the end to give it a little bit of saltiness. Also, the ingredient list does not mention the asperagus. I just cut a big handful into 1-2 inch pieces. The good thing about this recipe was that I am always looking for new ways to use the wonerful local asperagus I buy at the farmers market this time of year. yum, yum. This accomplished that goal for me. The colors were nice too, all white with spots of green throughout.