Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy and light tasting 1 pan pasta dinner
- 1 (500 g) package cappelletti pasta
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons lemon infused olive oil or 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- 1 meyer lemon
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Pan cook three chicken breasts. While doing that bring water to boil and cook pasta for 9-10 minutes. When pasta has about 3 minutes left, toss in broccoli.
- Drain off pasta and broccoli and place in bowl; cut chicken into bit size pieces and toss into bowl with pasta.
- Pour olive oil, basil pesto and juice of one lemon into bowl and stir until pasta is coated thoroughly. Sprinkle fresh grated Parmesan cheese over top and serve.
A friend from California brought me a dozen Meyer lemons (can't get them where I live), so I went looking for recipes to use them in. Had to futz with this one a bit to make it for two people: one chicken breast, half a box of angel hair pasta (our supermarket doesn't carry cappelletti), one bunch of broccoli (more than called for) and the full amount of sauce/cheese. Took the suggestion about cooking the chicken in garlic as well as butter. Delicious! Will be making this again soon, I'm sure -- as long as the lemons last!
Fabulous -- especially if you cook the chicken in butter & garlic salt, and make a little pan sauce for it. I used way more brocolli, about 1/2 cup pesto sauce, and whole wheat pasta. DO NOT skip the lemon olive oil (if you can find it) or the Meyer lemon; they make this dish distinctive. YUM!