Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Baked rabbit, moist and flavorful.
- 2 rabbits, fryers, cut-up
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- If starting with frozen rabbits, defrost in microwave 10 minutes and let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place rabbit pieces in 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix lemon juice and melted butter. Pour over rabbit pieces.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and tarragon to taste on rabbit.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake one hour.
- Remove foil and bake 15 more minutes.