This just arrived in my Food Network Magazine and looks fast, simple and tasty. Serve with a fresh salad and crusty bread - YUM.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add fettuccine and cook as label directs.
- Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallot and pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk cream, egg yolk and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream mixture and cheese to skillet.
- Cook, whisking until lightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and 2-3 teaspoons pepper.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss, adding enough of reserved cooking water to loosen sauce.
- Divide among bowls and garnish with more pecorino.
Wonderful twist on the standard alfredo!! I made to go as a side dish to Tomatoes Roasted With Pesto, which made for a fabulous dinner. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 7.
This was very good, and on the table in no time! I added some lemon juice to the sauce too. Made for the Saucy Silverados and ZWT 9.
This is a lovely variation - just loved the lemon zest in this. Thanks for sharing! ZWT7