Prep 3 hrs
Cook 2160 hrs
This is a tart, sweet, ever-so-slightly bitter liqueur reminicent of the Italian Doppio Cedro.
- Peel and juice lemons.
- Put juice and peel into a CLEAN gallon jar along with the two liquors.
- Let stand a month.
- Combine sugar and water; heat until just boiling and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Cool completely.
- Strain the liquor off the peels and combine with the cooled syrup.
- Allow to stand at least another two months.
- It will form a cloudy layer at the top; this can be removed and saved for kitchen use, or shaken to resuspend before serving. It will not completely disappear without mechanical filtration, and perhaps not even after several filterings (even coffee filters will not catch it all).