Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and healthy; an ideal summer meal!
- 8 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 100 g rice vermicelli
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 750 g lean lamb, cut into strips
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- Place lettuce in large bowl of iced water and stand 10 minutes, drain and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, place vermicelli in large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand until just tender; drain. Cut carrot into long thin strips.
- Heat half the oil in wok; stir fry lamb, in batches, until browned all over. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil; stir fry carrot til just tender. Add garlic, ginger, lemongrass and lime leaves; stir fry until the lemongrass softens. Return lamb to wok with vermicelli, juice, sauces and half the chives, stir fry til heated through.
- Place two lettuce leaves on each serving plate; divide lamb mixture among leaves and sprinkle with remaining chives.