Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Featuring a savory yogurt mayo parsley sauce with crunchy fresh veggies
Make and share this Lemon Ginger Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 carrot, shaved and finely diced
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (I prefer Hellman's)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice of, only
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare vegetables and combine with all other ingredients. Enjoy as a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce.
Delicious and clean tasting chicken salad! I used regular garlic for the powder and to enhance the lemony flavor more, used the zest from half the lemon as well. I can eat this salad often - even on those days when nothing sounds good. Thank you for posting. Made for Asian forum's unrated Asian recipe tag.
I found this enjoyably different from southern chicken salad and am glad I tried it. The chicken salad does have a strong taste of ginger and has a slightly tart "clean" taste from the lemon. I liked using a mixture of yogurt & mayo & even reduced the mayo by a third as the salad reached a sandwich creaminess level before using all of it. I think next time I would up the other spices a little and add maybe julienned snow peas & slivered almonds or toasted sesame seeds. Made for Asian Tag.