Kat's Mom's Note:
Found on www.elise.com, this is a recipe from Chef David Lamonica of Scott's Seafood in Folsom, California. I am hoping this will go well on shrimp. It had no times with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Reduce first six ingredients (clam juice, sherry, whole milk, garlic, shallots, bay leaf) by half in a small saucepan, cooking on medium to medium-high heat.
- 2In a separate saucepan (1-qt minimum) prepare the roux by heating one tablespoon of butter in the saucepan on medium heat until it is foamy.
- 3Sprinkle in the flour, stirring a couple of minutes with a metal whisk until well mixed (but not browned).
- 4Slowly add the reduced mixture to the roux, stirring quickly to incorporate (when you first add some of the mixture, the roux will bubble up, just keep adding the mixture and keep whisking to incorporate).
- 5Lower the heat to low.
- 6Slowly whisk in the butter, 2 tablespoons at a time.
- 7Add lemon juice, salt, and white pepper.
- 8Add some more clam stock if the sauce is too thick.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Garlic Butter Sauce for Seafood
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.9
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 180.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g