Recipe by smiles4u
This is from one of Rachael Ray's books. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds yummy.
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (zest of 1 large lemon)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- cut a very thin slice off both ends of each of the tomatoes to create 4 flat bottoms. Then cut each tomato in half.
- Use a melon ball scoop to remove the seeds and guts from the wide fleshy side of each tomato cup, creating just enough room to hold the filling.
- Season the inside of the tomato cavities with salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, lemon zest, cilantro, parsley, garlic, scallions and parmigiano-reggiano cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the egg yolk and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the filling among the 4 tomato cups, pushing it into the cavity with a rubber spatula or spoon.
- Drizzle olive oil into a baking dish. Arrange the stuffed tomatoes in the dish and bake for 15 to 17 minutes until lightly brown and cooked through.