Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Jewish Food Archives.
Make and share this Lemon Flavored Vodka recipe from Food.com.
- Remove the thin outer peel from a small lemon in one long spiral; avoid the bitter white pith.
- Drop it into a quart of vodka and let stand at least 1 week, removing the peel when you think its job has been done.
- The lemon colors the vodka pale yellow and imparts a slight citrus sweetness and pungency.
- TO USE: Serve the vodka chilled.
- If you wish, the vodka may be stored in the freezer.
5 Bright Stars . . . I've been paying big bucks for citrus vodka so this is perfect! Thanks for the recipe Mirj!
This couldn't have been easier. I was a little concerned about how I was going to get one long lemon spiral, but a vegetable peeler worked great. After a day the vodka had a pretty pale yellow color, now 10 days later it is a pretty shade of yellow with a nice lemon flavor. This is going to make some wonderful summer drinks. Thanks for posting it Mirj!