Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A Greek version of frozen yogurt based on a recipe from "Inside Toronto." Use an ice cream machine if you have one, but if not don't stress. Posted for ZWT 2013.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (300 ml) can condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 24 ounces Greek yogurt (at least 3.5 per cent fat)
- 1 tablespoon limoncello (Italian lemon liqueur) or 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- In a large bowl, add the cream, condensed milk, honey, vanilla, salt, zest, cinnamon and yogurt. Stir until combined.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least six hours or overnight. Add the limoncello and use your ice cream maker to freeze the yogurt mixture or place in a container and freeze overnight.
- If using an ice cream maker, empty the contents into a plastic tub, cover and place in your freezer for a day/overnight.
dont have ice cream maker made in freezer tastes great cinnamon rises to top though just stir back in good stuff zwt9