Recipe by Bergy
This recipe is from the magazine "Eating Well" and is a tasty low calorie way to prepare chicken. The cook time will vary depending on the size of the breasts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon miced jalapeno pepper (Or more)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (apprx 4 halves)
- salt & pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow, non mettalic dish large enough to hold the chicken breasts in single layer combine the lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cinnamon, tomato paste& jalapeno.
- Season with salt& pepper, stir to mix.
- Place the chicken in the marinade, turn to coat evenly, cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge.
- Marinate at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours Drain chicken and discard the marinade Grill or broil on a lightly greased rack Apprx 5-7 minutes each side or until done Garnish with lemon wedges and oregano, if desired.