Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 mins
A simple sauce to compliment fish, seafood and chicken
Make and share this Lemon Caper Sauce For Chicken or Fish recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Put broth and garlic in skillet and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1-2 minutes til garlic is tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and capers.
- Remove from heat and add butter stir til melted, add parsley.
This sauce is so good, I still can't believe it. We all sat and oohed and aahed over our dinner of chicken breast topped with this, and planned when we could eat it again.
I made this sauce with cod fillets...oh my goodness!! It is sooo delicious! I highly recommend making a little more for extra...it has just the right mixture of tang, salt and garlic. Can't wait until I can use it again!
I doubled this recipe and served over flounder (that I grilled on my George Foreman grill - takes 2 minutes). It was the quickest meal ever, and very elegant! Yum. I look forward to trying it on chicken or shrimp next.