Recipe by Bergy
If you like your veggies well done increase cooking time but for best flavor keep them crisp. I love the lemon parsley flavor of this recipe
Top Review by Just Call Me Martha
This is a very simple, tasty way to do Brussels Sprouts - a very nice change from boiled with butter on top! The lemon and parsley add a wonderful flavour. I found I didn't need to cook them in the skillet more than a couple of minutes. I will be making this often. Thanks Bergy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, cleaned and an x cut on the bottom of the stem (or if they are very large, cut in half)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and drop in the sprouts; cook for 6 minutes. Drain and plunge the sprouts into ice water to stop the cooking. Drain again.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, add sprouts, stirring to coat them evenly Cook over med-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Raise heat and add remaining ingredients; toss and serve immediately.