1/3 Photos of Lemon Basil Yam Fries
magpie diner's Note:
Idea started from a recipe on the back of a package of pre-cut yam fries found in the produce section. That version used lime and cilantro, which I think would be a great combo, the difference would be that you'd wait to toss in the cilantro until the very end. Their cooking time was also way off, although with something like fries different ovens can make a big difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the oven rack in the middle position and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Toss the yam fries with 1 tbsp of the olives oil, 1/4 tsp of the salt and the garlic.
- 3Arrange in one layer on a baking sheet and roast them for 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile whisk together the other tbsp of olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, basil and remaning 1/4 tsp salt -- and red pepper flakes if using.
- 5Remove the yam fries from the oven, drizzle over the olive oil/lemon mixture then flip the fries over. You want to flip the fries at this point to help them crisp up as well as distribute the lemon/basil seasonings.
- 6Return to oven and cook for about another 20 minutes until done. I like mine to crisp up a bit so I like to turn on the broiler for the last few minutes.
- 7Spinkle with a little extra salt if you like.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Basil Yam Fries
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 304.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g