Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this out of a Tesco's magazine. I use less oil than is suggested her - up to you. Typically a salad dressing has three parts oil to one part vinegar or citrus, but I usually invert that in order to use less oil. This is good on salad but also on steamed baby potatoes as a side. Either way I like to sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds before serving.
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small bunch basil, shredded
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Whisk the lemon juice and olive oil together with the garlic.
- Taste and add more lemon if you think it needs it.
- Stir in the basil and capers to finish.