Recipe by grandma2969
this is another recipe from an old box of recipe clippings purchased at a church garage sale..have not had a chance to make it yet..but sounds good..newspaper is from 1973
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced thin green onions
- 2 fryer chickens, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- mix together the lemon rind, salt, dry mustard, oregano and worchestshire sauce in a small bowl.
- gradually stir in lemon juice.stir in oil and add onions --
- pour over chicken in large bowl or baking dish.
- marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- remove chicken from the marinade and place skin side down on grill 3-6 " from charcoal briquets that have reached the light gray ash stage.
- cook until tender, turning and basting occasionally with marinade.about 45 minutes to one hour and 15 minutes.