Recipe by Chef floWer
We cook this dish when we are very hungry as it is filling. It has one of my many favourite ingredients which is Lemon! I use chicken stock from a carton. The recipe comes from a book called 'Modern Classics' Book 1 by Donna Hay
- 20 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 5 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups arborio rice (or other risotto rice)
- 3 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 20 g butter, extra
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter, oil and onion. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Place the stock in a separate saucepan. Cover and bring to a slow simmer.
- Add the rice and lemon rind to the onion mixture, stirring over medium heat for 2 minutes or until the rice is translucent.
- Add the hot stock 1 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until each cup of stock is absorbed and the rice is al dente (around 25-30 minutes).
- To serve, stir through the parmesan, extra butter, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.