Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
We cook this dish when we are very hungry as it is filling. It has one of my many favourite ingredients which is Lemon! I use chicken stock from a carton. The recipe comes from a book called 'Modern Classics' Book 1 by Donna Hay
- 20 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 5 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups arborio rice (or other risotto rice)
- 3 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 20 g butter, extra
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter, oil and onion. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Place the stock in a separate saucepan. Cover and bring to a slow simmer.
- Add the rice and lemon rind to the onion mixture, stirring over medium heat for 2 minutes or until the rice is translucent.
- Add the hot stock 1 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until each cup of stock is absorbed and the rice is al dente (around 25-30 minutes).
- To serve, stir through the parmesan, extra butter, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
5 Bright Stars . . . really deserves more! We loved the lemon in it! Definitely a keeper! Made for ZWT 4!
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #51* DH has made Risotta many times and I never paid attention. I prepared 1/2 recipe as written for 2 of us (who ate PLENTY !!) and have enough for another meal ! Loved the lemon tang -- and only deviation was a splash of white wine while rice was toasting -- DH's suggestion. Other than taking some time for attention, is not at all difficult and tastes WAY better than "any old" rice ! Thanks for posting, Chef floWer !!
My first time trying risotto and it turned out beautiful! I followed a few other reviewers suggestion and added the fresh lemon juice from one lemon. It really gave it that extra punch of flavor! Topped it with sauteed mushrooms and used it as a side to a roast. Thanks so much for a fabulous, easy to follow recipe!