Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A marinade that is good with chicken
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices lemon zest (around 2 inches each)
- 2 bay leaves, cut in 4
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (rosemary, oregano or parsley) or 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- In a small bowl, with a whisk, mix lemon juice, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Add lemon zest, bay leaf and herbs, stir. (You can prepare this marinade in advance and put in hermetic jar. It will keep up to 2 days in the fridge).
A wonderful marinade that is quick and easy to prepare. I used fresh herbs from my garden- oregano, parsley and rosemary. Marinade was lovely for skinless chicken breast fillets that I left to marinate for about one hour before grilling. The chicken had a lovely lemon herb flavour and was very tender. Photos posted. Made for the February 2012 Recipe Swap in the Aus/NZ Forum.
So easy to put together, & so full of great flavor! Used it on chicken breasts this first time around, & am looking forward to trying it on Brussels sprouts, too! I had another sprouts recipe to work on for this meal, but another time . . . Thanks for a great keeper! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]
Made for family this week & it was a huge hit!