Cooked yogurt is used in Lebanese cooking much the same as we use sour cream in the western world. If you can get goat's milk yogurt it is the best.
My Private Note
cups ap ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place yogurt in a heavy saucepan.
- 2Blend beaten egg white into the yogurt.
- 3Add cornstartch& salt.
- 4Stir in the same direction until well blended.
- 5Place pan over medium heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- 6Heat until it starts to boil, always stir in the same direction (this is important).
- 7Lower heat and let it simmer 3-5 minutes until thick.
- 8Use as required in recipes (Laba Bil Bayd-Eggs in yogurt is one recipe that calls for it- see separate posting).
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lebanese Laban Mutboukh (Cooked Yogurt)
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 1303.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 10.3 g