Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a healthy twist on a family classic. A perfect addition to any cookout or get-together! I use celery seeds because I like the faint flavor but generally despise celery (weird, I know!)
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta (I like fusilli or rotini)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen edamame, shelled (soybeans)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 12 ounces light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, snipped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Cook pasta until al dente, adding edamame and peas during last minute of cooking.
- Drain and cool pasta, edamame, and peas.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Add cooled pasta and peas and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for flavors to blend.
- To serve, line gently sloped bowl with lettuce leaves, pile on salad, and garnish with chopped parsley and whole parsley sprigs.