Cooks, Shoots & Leafs's Note:
This is a healthy twist on a family classic. A perfect addition to any cookout or get-together! I use celery seeds because I like the faint flavor but generally despise celery (weird, I know!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta (I like fusilli or rotini)
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame, shelled (soybeans)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 12 ounces light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1 1/4 cups light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, snipped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1Cook pasta until al dente, adding edamame and peas during last minute of cooking.
- 2Drain and cool pasta, edamame, and peas.
- 3Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- 4Add cooled pasta and peas and mix well.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for flavors to blend.
- 6To serve, line gently sloped bowl with lettuce leaves, pile on salad, and garnish with chopped parsley and whole parsley sprigs.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lean Green Tuna Mac Salad
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.3
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 1114.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 18.0 g