Recipe by Chef Kate
Another very simple but very delicious dish which capitalizes on fresh vegetables--from Sirio Maccione.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
We enjoyed this colorful dish. This was also our first time trying perciatelli noodles, which I will buy again (great texture). I'd say this is 5 stars, with the addition of salt and parmesan cheese. This also came together quickly, which we appreciated.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 yellow peppers, peeled, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch by 1/2-inch strips
- 2 red peppers, peeled, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch by 1/2-inch strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb eggplant, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups canned crushed tomatoes, organic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 lb perciatelli
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add red and yellow peppers and saute 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season with pepper flakes and freshly ground pepper.
- Add eggplant and garlic and cook for two more minutes.
- Add tomatoes and oregano and cook five more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook perciatelli in boiling salted water until al dente, drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the hot pasta to the skillet and toss.
- Add ricotta, basil, butter and pasta water, stir well, bring to a boil and cook two minutes.
- Taste, adjust seasoning and serve.