Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 hrs
my grandmother tought me to prepare the meat like this.
- dry the filet.
- pepper, but do not salt.
- brown in a 50-50 mixture of oil and butter for not longer than one minute.
- wrap into aluminium foil.
- preheat oven to exactly 80 degreas Celsius, not more, not less.
- put meat into the oven for four to eight hours.
- Do not have a look before the time is over.
- the recipe works best with filet, leg of lamb and turkey.
- A Turkey will need up to 12 hours (a five kilo type).