Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this from a section in the paper that had ideas for things to do with tomatoes. It's not exactly a recipe in that it has no measures. The amounts I listed are just ballpark amounts to get the recipe idea to become public here.
- 2 -3 fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 2 -3 large zucchini, sliced into coins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, to brush the veggies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- You can use any amounts you like but this is what you do: oil a shallow baking dish and cover the bottom of the dish with alternating slices of zucchini and tomato.
- Mix the olive oil and herbs together and brush this generously over the slices arramged in the baking dish.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes or so, check so the cheese doesn't burn.
Wonderful!! I cut the recipe down to 1 zucchini and 2 tomatoes, all from the farmer's market. I will be making this quite often. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag Game 2012.
mmm so good!
i added eggplant and some monterey jack cheese, added some kick
great recipe for vegetarians like myself!
easy and delicious! i used mozzarella cheese instead of parmesan. i added the cheese halfway through cooking. yum!