Prep 1 hr
Cook 27 mins
Good use of left-over turkey.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked broccoli
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add in flour, salt, and pepper; stir until mixture is bubbly.
- Add in milk; stir for about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add in Swiss cheese; stir until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- In an 8-inch square baking dish or gratin dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the broccoli, then half the turkey.
- Repeat layers.
- Pour sauce over all.
- Sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven for about 25 minutes or until bubbly.
This is a nice use for leftover turkey. It looked and smelled so good. I added fresh minced onions and a bit extra awiss cheese but otherwise stuck to the recipe. I still thought it could have used a little more flavor. Maybe some garlic or thyme or rosemary. All in all it wqas quite yummy and I'll make this again and try adding some of the seasonings I mentioned. Thanx!
Pretty good, easy to make.