Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Source: Betty Crocker "Layers of rich peanut butter cookie, peanut butter filling and chocolate frosting beg to be indulged in."
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir all Cookie Base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Press dough in bottom of pan using floured fingers.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, beat all Filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly over cookie base.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave all Frosting ingredients on High 30 seconds; stir until smooth.
- Cool 10 minutes; spread over filling.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
Made as written. I did run into a (minor) snag or 2. These are vey good. Very easy to make. I had to double the frosting and the filling and the base come apart easily. I'm going to store them on the counter, covered and see if that helps. Will make again.