Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom makes this and it is great! I made it a little healthier though :)
- 1 head lettuce (broken)
- 3⁄4-1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas (defrost but DO NOT cook!)
- 1⁄2-1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 10 slices turkey bacon
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (I use 2%)
- parmesan cheese
- Break salad and put in bowl.
- Chop green onion, celery, bell pepper.
- Dethaw green peas.
- Cook bacon and crumble.
- Mix Mayo, Sour cream and sugar together (this is your "mayo mixture" referenced below.).
- Grate the cheddar cheese.
- Layer ingredients in this order: (bottom to top).
- -Green onion.
- -Green peas.
- -Green pepper.
- -Mayo mixture.
- -Turkey bacon.
- -Cheddar cheese.
- -Sprinkle the top with Parmesean cheese.
This is the version of this salad I've been making for years and we love it! Sometimes I use regular onion instead of green onion. I don't usually use both cheeses, just one or the other. Thanks for posting, I've been looking for this to send to a friend of mine. Delicious.