Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I can still remember the first time I had one of these cookies at a church picnic as a kid...MMmmm. I've loved them ever since. Easy to make and always popular. A classic!
Top Review by mwcohen3
I love these cookies, I remember making them with my mother when I was a little girl. We left the graham crackers whole though; and the final cookie is not crumbly. I line the 9x13 pan with parchment paper, then make an entire layer of whole graham crackers. Make them whatever size to make a full layer, then pour the 1/2 c. of melted butter on top. Proceed with the other ingredients, as per the recipe. (I use pecans).
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker, crushed to crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (fat free works fine)
- 1 cup nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place melted butter in a 9 x 13 baking pan. Spread graham cracker crumbs over top. (I actually prefer to melt my butter in the microwave, mix in the graham cracker crumbs and then pat into the pan. It makes a more even bottom crust, I think.).
- Layer the coconut and chips in order given. Pour sweetened condensed milk over all. Top with nuts. DO NOT mix together.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. (Please check earlier if your oven runs hot!).