Recipe by The Spice Guru
My reverse-engineered recipe for Lawry's Seasoned Salt, originally marketed as a seasoning rub for ribs before barbecuing.
Top Review by less2saw
You really are a spice guru! Thanks, I use Lawry's on everything and ran out this morning! Needed some right away for my eggs! This whips up quick (except for the superfine sugar which I had to make because I don't keep it on hand) and our breakfast was a success. Thanks, it will be my go-to now , rather than going to the store! Very nice!
Just made up my second batch, and didn't have enough regular paprika so I substituted 3/4 tablespoons of "smoked", It was very nice, and I will probably do it this way again. It just seems that I am running out of room for all these spices!!!!
- 158.51 ml fine salt (Morton Popcorn Salt)
- 34.50 ml superfine sugar
- 14.78 ml cornstarch
HERBS AND SPICES
- 44.37 ml celery salt
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 14.78 ml onion powder
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 9.85 ml ground turmeric
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: I RECOMMEND USING MORTON POPCORN SALT AND TRADEWINDS BRAND GROUND CELERY SALT, BOTH SOLD AT SMART & FINAL. THERE WILL BE A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT COLOR RESULT FROM LAWRY'S BRAND DUE TO THE ABSENCE OF OLEORESIN, A COLORING AGENT.
- MEASURE all BASE MIXTURE ingredients into a small bowl.
- COMBINE until well blended.
- ADD all HERBS AND SPICES ingredients to BASE MIXTURE in bowl.
- STIR and press with a fork for at least 2 minutes to release and infuse the essences between the spices.
- STORE spice mixture in a tightly sealed container to preserve freshness (spice mixture actually improves after 30 days and becomes even more authentic due to the infusion between all of the herbs and spices).
- ENJOY as a seasoning for your favorite foods.